RCU’s mission is to protect the quality of life in El Dorado County by maintaining a balance between preservation of resources, and the efforts of development interests which continue to threaten the rural character of our County.
On December 15, 2015, the General Plan and Zoning Ordinance update (TGPA/ZOU) was approved by the El Dorado County Board of Supervisors, with blatant disregard for the impacts of the project and continued misrepresentation of the project to the public.
In approving those policy changes, Supervisors left us few options. Legal action was the only recourse. In January 2016, RCU filed legal action to overturn the detrimental policies and zoning changes which include:
- Rezoning of over 37,000 parcels in the county without proper notice to owners or neighbors.
- Reduction of open space requirements for high density development.
- Policies that threaten our groundwater supplies & quality.
- Elimination of construction noise restrictions.
- Greatly increased commercial and industrial uses in residential neighborhoods.